St. Mary's College of Maryland
The student newspapers in this collection date from 1952 through spring 2002. First called "The Signal News," the paper became "The Point News" in 1959. In 1973 it became "The Empath" and returned to the name "The Point News" in 1985. The College Archives holds physical copies of these newspapers as well as those from 1940-1949 and fall 2002 to the present day.