St. Mary's College of Maryland
The student newspapers in this collection date from 1952 through spring 2002. First called "The Signal News," the paper became "The Point News" in 1959. In 1973 it became "The Empath" and returned to the name "The Point News" in 1985. The College Archives holds physical copies of these newspapers as well as those from 1940-1949 and fall …
Most of the photographs in this collection originate from St. Mary’s Female Seminary (1840-1926), St. Mary’s Female Seminary Junior College (1926-1949), St. Mary’s Seminary Junior College (1949-1964), and St. Mary’s College of Maryland (1964- ). These photographs document St. Mary’s people (students, …
The Mulberry Tree Papers, published by St. Mary's College of Maryland since 1972, is a general-interest magazine intended for the entire St. Mary's community: alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents, friends, and others. Each issue includes news about the College; some issues include feature articles written by faculty …
This collection consists of oral history interviews relating to the history, culture and folklore of Southern Maryland, primarily St. Mary's County in the 20th century. Interviews are physically documented on audiocassettes, CDs, transcripts, and recording logs. The online collection contains full-text transcripts or recording logs …
The St. Mary's College of Maryland Digital Archive includes historic photographs of the campus, the student newspaper from 1952 to 2002, the Mulberry Tree Papers from 1972 to 2001, oral history transcripts, and St. Mary's Project abstracts. Yearbooks and the online version of the school history "Monument school of the people" are available from the main Archives page.